Is the thought of having to delete all the SPAM daunting?
Okay, let’s not beat around the bushes – you’ve neglected your WordPress site and you now have thousands of SPAM comments to deal with.
Yes, don’t panic you don’t have to select 20 comments at a time – there’s a simpler and faster solution!
Before you do anything make sure you perform a FULL BACKUP of all the site files and database. This is really important so I’ll repeat that again – perform a FULL BACKUP of all the site files and database.
Now that you have successfully backed up your entire WordPress installation and created a backup of the mySQL database it’s time to delete these WordPress comments in bulk.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard
- Click on Plugins > Add New the where it says “Search Plugins” type in Delete All Comments and press ENTER
- Install Delete All Comments by Ganesh Chandra
- Activate the Plugin
- Click on Tools > Delete All Comments
- Tick the Delete all comments box and click on the Delete All button
- That’s it – all done!
If you’ve found this useful or have a suggestion for another How to style post please leave us a comment below.